Sunday, May 19, 2013

Perspective.

So I'm going in to the second week of this having a baby stuff, and I'm slowly realizing what exactly I have accomplished this year. I was always a fan of traveling and had dreams of living overseas, but I was pretty sure it would never actually happen. Fast forward, and not only am I living in Europe (albeit, not Paris, like I had hoped), but I had a baby here as well. 

Adjusting to life here wasn't easy, and I can't say that I have mastered it quite yet. I will say that moving was all relative to having a baby in a country where you don't speak the language. I can't say I was fully aware of what I was getting myself into, which made for a much more hectic transition. I can also say that taking the chance, and letting go of what I thought I wanted in life, has been the most rewarding experience I could have ever hoped for. 

With that said, I still don't particularly like Hungary and all of it's senseless bureaucracy, most of which is made up on the spot. I do, however, appreciate it's character, and the fact that the cute little baby sleeping on my lap is half Hungarian. Maybe I'm just annoyed that she'll learn this stupid language far better than I ever will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment