Tuesday, May 7, 2013

4:30am

It's 4:30am here in Budapest and I just woke up after an actual night of decent sleep. The nurses here take the babies the first night so the parents can get some rest. I was hesitant at first, but it was an excellent decision after a meltdown at about 10pm last night.  Despite waking up and wanting to remove my uterus, and exchange my abdominal muscles, I'm doing pretty well. I can't say the same for my hair. 

Also, as a side note, I love catheters, and may pay off one of the nurses to let me take it home! This was the first night in 9 months I didn't have to get up 15 times. It's the little things...

Admittedly, I lost it last night. She isn't particularly attuned to breast feeding yet, and my god is it frustrating. She gets frustrated too, and screams bloody murder. I did feel better when I heard the same coming from down the hall, but it doesn't change the fact you feel like you're not doing enough. I guess that's motherhood for you. 

Not understanding Hungarian is also pretty frustrating. One minute the nurse is saying something to Peter, and the next, I'm getting a shot or bleeding from an extremity. Turns out, it doesn't quite bother me like it used to, so that's a plus! 





Yes, she looks peaceful now, but blood will be promptly taken at 10am. We will enjoy the last few hours of sanity before mommy and baby both flip out. 




No comments:

Post a Comment