Sunday, May 5, 2013

Baby Limbs

So this kid I'm supposedly having in eight days is on the verge of breaking out through my belly button (which has subsequently turned blue due to the physical beatings it's received these last few months). If her level of activity now is any indication of what is to come, we better join a cross-fit gym, like, yesterday. I feel arms, legs, and an occasional toe poke in my ribs, which seems to be the best way to get my attention whilst sleeping. She lets me know when I am crowding her space. I poke back sometimes, which irritates her even more. We already have the typical mother-daughter relationship.

Peter and I went to the market today to buy as much cereal as possible because of a recent observation we made about parenthood. Parents don't eat cereal, and if they do, it's the really boring stuff like bran flakes or Special K Metamucil. We have to eat as much as possible before she realizes how immature and clueless we are about being parents. I give her three months.

The apartment is coming along pretty nicely and I think we MAY actually get our act together before the big day. We bought a ton of decorations, along with a water fountain Buddha (Peter's aesthetic contribution) which he promptly turns on every morning as soon as he wakes up. He was proud of himself, even after realizing it was $50, and really cheap plastic. We really like it actually, and since Peter is on a spiritual Buddha kick, it only seemed fitting.

I'm not sleeping much these days because we having been moving stuff, then moving it again. I'm doing laundry like every three hours, in an attempt to avoid the pile up after surgery. They aren't kidding when they say pregnant ladies get a spike of energy right before giving birth. It's because we know our lovely husbands aren't going to do jack s#*! in the last week.











No comments:

Post a Comment