Tuesday, August 5, 2014

God Bless Swiss Airlines

Dad sent mom on her first solo cross country today, and for a split second, she actually hoped that the plane would crash. Of the 1 hour 20 minute flight to Zurich, I cried for roughly 1 hour, 11 minutes and 56 seconds. You think I'm kidding!!! 

Mom got her barings at the airport here in Switzerland, and then asked the gate attendant if he could block the seat next to ours. He told mom the best news she could have ever hoped for...we have the ENTIRE ROW to ourselves!!! Hallelujah! 

Also, we met a super nice girl from Indiana who helped mom carry the stroller down the three flights of stairs we encountered. Another business man commented on how cute I was and not to worry about the screaming. "We've all been there!" I don't think he knows how much that meant to mom, who was close to tears at this point. 

Thank goodness for nice people!!! Spread the love, folks! Mom vows to help someone who ever has a child and who is traveling alone. 

Obviously I'd fall asleep 5 minutes before landing, which made debarquement slightly difficult for mom. I rule! 
And we're off to Nice! Au revoir mes amies!

No comments:

Post a Comment