Sunday, April 20, 2014

When mom's away...

I cry less, I eat more, and the entire family rushs to my beck and call anytime I make a peep! Mom needs to take more vacations!! 

About a month ago, at the urging of her friend Kim, they booked a trip to Amsterdam for a whopping 36 hours. She woke up at 3am Friday morning and was back at midnight on Saturday. The minute she booked the trip, she absolutely freaked out, and basically spent the next month worrying I would have a melt down, especially since she didn't have the guts to stop breastfeeding me. 

Anyway, dad was really fun, and the grandparents came over both days for moral support. Aunt Sandra even came all the way from Austria (but it's also Easter). She brought me toys and we played and played and played. I seriously didn't even know mom was gone...or care for that matter! 

Day one. All I did was laugh and eat.
Dad took the opportunity to sleep while the grandparents took me out! I'm not sure why he was tired exactly, I slept through the night. Maybe it was the beers.
Grandma reluctantly tried putting me to sleep and it actually worked. This is a picture of the night vision camera dad installed so he could watch me sleep. He's typically this creepy. 
This is the disaster mom came home to. Dad isn't really an organized guy, so he let me slide when it came to cleaning up my toys. 
And mom spent her days in Amsterdam, dodging 2.3 million bicycles, taking boat rides, shopping, eating and walking in the sub-zero wind. I'm booking her a trip to Antartica for three weeks so I can invite my friends over for a big party!!! Later, mom! 

No comments:

Post a Comment