Saturday, April 12, 2014

10 Signs your dad is a corporate pilot.

1. He plays flight simulator games on his days off.  Annoying.  

2. He reads accident reports and watches take offs and landings...on his days off...as I write this, in fact! 

At night before bed...

And an accident report first thing in the morning...

He also listens to recorded audio of himself talking to air traffic control. 

3. His best friend is a pilot, and they talk about nerdy pilot things when they get together. Get ready, Emma! 

4. He uses his dog fighting hands to describe everything. Just a reminder, dad, you fly a Beechjet not a Messerschmitt.

5. You get to hear about these really cool places that exist outside of your cold, miserable country, but never actually get to visit them. 

6. They talk about ILS approaches all the time...(but since I don't really get it, I assume it means "I like snacks," and I usually approach snacks with extreme enthusiasm.)

7. He owns 10 altimeter watches that could collectively fly his airplane. (Come to think of it, this should actually be on the list of "10 Signs your dad should be featured on 'Hoarding: Buried Alive.'") 

8. You learn that drag can bring down a large aircraft if not accounted for, much like drag in shitty diaper. 

9. "I'll be right back," could mean two minutes or a three weeks. 

10. There are hundreds of airline tickets laying around your house. 

 To which I reply...
You ain't goin nowhere, sucka! I personally destroyed this ticket in about 45 seconds, laughing the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment