Saturday, July 5, 2014

The parents look pretty deranged...

A few weeks ago a woman, who met mom and dad on our first flight from Budapest to San Diego, wrote mom about traveling with an infant. 

Mom assured her that all would be ok, and that the airline will make it easy on her...whilst traveling 8,000 miles, by providing her baby a comfortable place to sleep (other than her lap). 

Mom LIED!!!!

Out of the 9 hours to London, I slept about 8 on mom. She couldn't breathe without her back shooting fire up her spine (I won't take the blame for her old age). THEN, as soon as she and dad were able to juggle me into the baby chair (after dad almost dropped me), the plane hit some pretty rough turbulence and...DING...fasten seatbelt sign lit up, and they were forced to take me out. 

I love my life. Mom is pretty soft these days, so I was comfy. 

I'm now sound asleep in my new jogging stroller (which mom was convinced was broken after watching the baggage handler basically throw it down a flight of stairs in San Diego). 

Alas, one thing did go right so far this trip. 

I'm going on two hours of restful slumber, while mom and dad stare at each other in a sleepless daze (over gross fish and chips and coffee). 


Excuse the double chin...


Dad actually fell asleep sunning himself in the fluorescent light provided by the Brits.

He flew from Cyprus to San Diego on Wednesday so he could help mom wrangle me on the flight back today (2 days later). Yes, if you're wondering, he's insane...and the best dad ever. 


Dad, you're in Europe again. Don't get your hopes up. We're not in East County anymore. 

Also, I have an added side story to our trip...

I found a pretty tastey looking piece of gum on the floor and REALLY wanted to try it. In order to prevent me from doing this, dad (without thinking), stepped on said piece of gum. He's the best. 


He must make me laugh like 26 times a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment