Monday, September 12, 2016

Have we learned?

I was in the 12th grade...ripe old age of 17.  Blissfully unaware of the atrocities in the world...not only on that day in particular.  I don't think our teachers really knew what to say.  I remember sitting in my AP history class and wondering why the HELL we weren't talking about what just happened. Two airplanes crashed into two buildings? People were jumping out of windows because that was easier? Humans did this to other humans? Did I make this up? Are we SERIOUSLY talking about the exam tomorrow?

I think that was the first indication of how we treat a lot of things that are just TOO hard...we ignore, we blame, we hate, we react...we go to war...

But did we LEARN??? I mean, it's been 15 YEARS. I think I did...not when I was 17, per say.
...

There are no winners.

Love always wins...and somewhere within all of us, we know that.  And if I teach my children nothing else in this lifetime, that will be ok with me.  Love is cultivated within US and so is happiness.





No comments:

Post a Comment