Thursday, August 8, 2013

Solo shopping day? Yes, please!

So I'm still getting used to letting the grandparents take HRH, and when they offered to watch her for the day, I reluctantly agreed. What to do? I know! I'll clean, do laundry, run the dish washer, and straighten up the horribly disorganized apartment that has been taken over by spit up rags and brightly colored toys. 

Ummm, hello, this has been my only day alone in three months! I know I could do something more fun with my few hours solo. So I did. I grabbed my headphones and sunglasses and went out into 100 degree weather. Thankfully it's not humid, although now I'm wearing my hair curly, so it really wouldn't matter anyway. A few metro stops later, I was in heaven. 

I bought a few shirts, two necklaces (because I'm going to pretend I have style), and a dress. Yep, I bought something other than a $5 tank top (I'm just as shocked as you are). It was FABULOUS! For the first time in three months I felt human again. $200 later, I have a semi fancier wardrobe. Now the only issue is finding a time and a place to wear my new clothes...far, far away from spit up, poop and other bodily juices. 

No comments:

Post a Comment