Thursday, March 28, 2013

The joys of pregnancy.

So for all the women who say pregnancy is a magical experience, they are full of it. They must say that when their kids are like 5, and they've totally forgotten about the horrific gas, morning sickness (which I didn't have much of, thank god), back pain, and sleepless nights. Peter made a great point the other day, that I tend to make long term decisions based on how I feel that very moment. That makes sense, because I thought I'd be fine negotiating the 20 hour trip back to San Diego to deliver based on how I felt during my 26th week, and right in the middle of our trip to Nice for the honeymoon. Oops. Anyway, at this point, I can't walk up 20 stairs without needing to sit down with a large bottle of whiskey.

As of today, I'm 31 weeks and 4 days. Holy God, does time fly. Peter was playing harmonica last night next to my belly, and she woke up. I'm not sure if it's because he scared the crap out of her, or if she was searching for her saxophone to join in. Either way, she was dancing for at least an hour after his performance.

We are on our way to an ultrasound today for an update on her circulation and measurements. And guess what, all for $50!

Oh, as a side note, Peter had to go to a state clinic to get his ear cleaned out and it was, well, a state clinic. The crazy part is, in the US, they'd clean out your ears with sterile saline, give you a prescription for antibiotics and pain meds, and charge you roughly $1000 for your 5 minute visit. Here in Hungary, you show your ID, see the doctor, who flushes your ear out with tap water out of a germ exposed Home Depot bucket in the sink, and puts in a few ear drops to ward off an infection...all for free. Of course they pay taxes, but so do we. I'm pretty interested to see how intense my c-section is, and if they'll even consider giving me pain meds afterwards. I better find a dealer here, fast!



No comments:

Post a Comment