Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Back in the city! Thank you, Jesus!

After some adjusting to my new life, I was thrown a new challenge. Figures.

Peter's parents rented the home we were living in, so we needed to find a new apartment ASAP. Turns out, I sort of got used to living there, especially to his mom cooking some pretty awesome dishes twice a day. I have a feeling our kid ("Popcorn" for those of you who don't know her name) will be slightly less retarded thanks to both her grandma and great-grandma's cooking.

We found a great apartment in the city, with access to LOTS of food (my new favorite hobby), and grocery stores for emergency chocolate runs. Moving during the blizzard of the century was less than desirable, but hey, it's all about the experience...especially when you're 7 months + pregnant. It's a cool place, and I get to nest a little, so it will at least keep me semi-busy until the kid decides to make her appearance, which can't happen soon enough! I'm huge!

Most importantly, it's a two bedroom, meaning there is an extra room for visitors. Anyone is welcome, anytime, literally. Don't make me beg.

Went to the doctor, who looked exactly like Viper from Top Gun. I now understand why I was sitting up straight and answering "yes, sir," and "no, sir." The guy was freakishly serious, which I guess is pretty normal here. They aren't exactly friendly, by American standards.

It looks like I will be staying to deliver here in Budapest, via c-section, which is pretty terrifying considering he mentioned I may bleed out or wake up without a uterus. You have to appreciate their honesty here. Back in the states they'd maybe give you a pamphlet on side effects of fibroids, which I wouldn't read. Ignorance may actually be bliss after all. Oh, and the doctor told me to stop gaining weight. I miss the US, where it's MORE than acceptable to eat until you explode.

I am slightly more comfortable than I was even a week ago, and the prospect of living here for awhile isn't as scary as it was when his parents were waiting for us behind corners when we walked in the door. They really are great, I'm just being difficult. They were incredibly gracious to let us stay with them and give us their super awesome bathroom.

Well, it's almost 10am, and the cleaning lady will be here in a few minutes. Roughly $7.50/hour to have her clean the apartment. Uh, yes please!



No comments:

Post a Comment