Thursday, July 28, 2016

The proverbial trash can.

One thing, amongst many others, that mom has learned over the last four years, is to not take things too personally, because everyone and their dog has an opinion.  About EVERYTHING.  

She once saw a quote by her idol, Wayne Dyer (I know, you're getting sick of hearing about the guy), that REALLY stuck with her.

"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself." Because really, what people think of me is really none of my business! 

Think about that for a second.  

While on the way to nursery this morning, in a full BLOWN thunderstorm, yet another example was put in her path.

I begged to go to nursery, and although I was warned it may be loud and wet outside, I still wanted to go. I was 100% ok with seeing lightening in the flesh, and giddy at the prospect of a new life experience. My first hand account of thunder can be seen here.

I laughed with joy through the empty streets of Budapest, riding my red motorcycle in and out of the muddy puddles. 

Seriously, I had a GOOD time...we giggled and raced all the way there.  Poms, included. 

....

Insert, negativity.

At a stop light, and unassuming older women made a comment in Hungarian. Now, I could translate for mom, but I was too busy having fun.

When mom smiled and said, "Bocsánat nem magyar/sorry no Hungarian," the lady looked disgusted.

Mom realized, in the moment, this lady was using mom as her emotional trash can, trying to dump her smelly, yucky negative judgments into mom's clean bin. Unfortunately, for her, mom's lid was on (mainly because her doesn't understand ANY HUNGARIAN), but IT WAS ON none the less!!

Why do people HATE when other people are having fun???! Well, that's a pretty easy question to answer obviously.  

And then this poor lady was stuck with this steaming trash in HER own can!! And boy, it was steaming. And that's how mom understood through universal body language, that what this lady was saying probably wasn't nice. Either way, it didn't matter.  

Meanwhile, we went on splashing through muddy puddles, laughing and getting completely soaked. So maybe she had a point after all...hummm...

Mom has now decided that her trash can is only officially open when SHE chooses to have business hours, and mom is lazy...so that won't be very often.  

Cheers to CLEAN and EMPTY cans.










No comments:

Post a Comment