Saturday, February 27, 2016

Watch Out John Travolta!!

Seriously, I can not WAIT to go to school and go to dances all the time! Cousin R invited us to her Sock Hop dance (think the movie Grease), last night, and it was probably the most fun I've ever had. EVER. Like, in my entire life.

Mom was a little worried at first, given that I'm VERY much like her.  Would I sit back and just watch?  Get overwhelmed by all the kids?  Hide behind mom's leg like in most social situations I encounter?! HECK NO!

So, a little background. Mom isn't antisocial per say, she's just cautious. She tends to sit back and watch, evaluate and then make her move. Except in one situation. Dancing.  Really, ask the cowboys at Incahoots. She's been known to shake her booty on the dance floor more than a few times, and it turns out the apple really doesn't fall from the tree. As soon as I heard the music, I proceeded to literally dance circles around ALL the other kids, as seen here!

I twirled, jumped, skipped, screeched in excitement, and then collapsed at 7:30 (read: bedtime).  All the parents commented on how cute I was and how I should apply for Dancing with the Stars.  Humility aside, I agree 100%.

So not only did we have a BLAST (as seen here), I danced with mom (who's rhythm is questionable now that she's a parent) and Pompom, and ALL my new friends at elementary school.  Needless to say, I slept in this morning. Best. Night. EVER.  Mom is now completely worried about sending me off to school in a few years.

No comments:

Post a Comment